Transfer contacts from one SIM card to another SIM card

maltose 01 Nov 12

Hi, I have just bought a samsung galaxy y to replace my old Nokia. Can I, without causing any damage, do the following:-? 1. Put the Nokia card in the samsung. 2. Import/Export the contact list from the nokia card to the samsung 3. Replace the samsung SIM card in the samsung and copy from the phone to the card.

morddwyd 02 Nov 12

Don't know the Nokia, but is there a reason why you simply can't just swap the SIM card from one phone to another, as is normal (for me)?

maltose 02 Nov 12

Thank you morddwyd for your query. If I merely swap SIM cards then I certainly will have my old contacts in the new phone but I will also have my old PAYG contract in the new phone. So both that PAYG and my new monthly contract will be live. I will be paying twice!

siouxah1 02 Nov 12

Are they both Bluetooth enabled?

If so I believe that there is a way to transfer your contacts via Bluetooth.

Can't remember how,long time ago, but it was from Nokia C2 to galaxy ace.

siouxah1 02 Nov 12

Try this for starters.

http://www.ehow.com/how4817958transfer-contacts-bluetooth.html

siouxah1 02 Nov 12

Sorry, but you will need to copy and paste the above URL

morddwyd 02 Nov 12

Sorry, maltose, I though when you said bought a new phone you had done just that.

Didn't realise you had changed contracts too.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message