tomtom go 300

oldnovice 16:40 23 Jan 06

I want to put a 512 card into my unit what is the best and safest way copy over software from original card to new card and will i have to format the new card its a kingston

Thank you Dave

wherty 17:40 23 Jan 06

I have done exactly this on two TTGo's recently with the aid of a simple USB card reader.
The most important thing is to ensure that you keep your origional 128 card intact for back-up purposes.
I did not find it necessary to format the card - it just looks like a removeable drive.
Simply plug your origional card into the reader, it should be recognised as a removeable drive and copy the contents into a folder on your desktop.Remove the card and store safely. Insert your 512 card and copy the contents of the folder you made on the desktop and paste into the 512 card.Remove card from reader and insert into TTgo. Switch on and after a few moments reading from the card it should be ready for use.
As a precaution I always use the "safely remove hardware" option when removing cards.

oldnovice 17:59 23 Jan 06

Thanks Wherty i have card reader on my printer will use that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…