Is there a vga to scart or composite cable ?

setecio 13:00 20 May 07

Hi, I'm hoping to link my laptop to the TV to watch video on the bigger TV screen (bbc panorama, qt ect) and was wondering if a vga to scart or vga to composite cable exists?

Stuartli 23:03 20 May 07

The most likely combination will be S-Video to Scart (S-Video from the laptop to the TV's Scart socket).

See:

click here

setecio 09:40 21 May 07

Unfortunately it is a cheap laptop with only vga output, no S-Video

Starfox 14:28 21 May 07

Would this work, bit expensive mind.

click here(1.5M%20SCART-VGA%20Sync)

Stuartli 16:29 21 May 07

Are they RCA to Scart or three jack plugs to Scart sockets?

The RCA type have a large yellow plug (for video) which has a surround on the plug itself, plus the two audio plugs; jack plugs are the 3.5mm type you use for portable radios, stereos, headphones etc and will probably comprise red and black (or red) for audio, plus the video plug.

Stuartli 16:35 21 May 07

Something on these lines depending on your laptop's output sockets (probably cheaper from a local shop):

click here

click here

click here

^wave^ 16:35 21 May 07

go to maplins if they dont have it i dont know who would

jack 17:07 21 May 07

^wave^wrote
go to maplins if they dont have it i dont know who would
--------------------o0o----------------------------
This lady has exactly what you want - If its a cable for something- She will have it.
E-mail you requirement to kvcables@ yahoo.com
pr phone Vcivtoria on 0708906186

setecio 22:29 21 May 07

Unfortunately it doesn't seem possible without considerable expense, thanks anyway.

Stuartli 08:57 22 May 07

>>Unfortunately it doesn't seem possible without considerable expense>>

Seems surprising - many people use laptops to make presentations etc at, for instance, business meetings, so the machines are equipped for such purposes.

In fact my new LCD TV has a PC connection facility although I'm not intending to use the feature as I have a 21in computer monitor.

setecio 09:15 22 May 07

Yes if the TV had a vga PC input, but it only has scart and component input :(, so a vga to scart/component cable /converter is needed but I was hoping for something at £10.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now