tethering phone to tablet

Damarc 15:18 PM 22 Apr 13

My phone contract is shortly coming to an end. I have recently acquired a Windows 8 hybrid laptop/tablet. My current phone is a Samsung Galaxy S1 of which I am very fond so don't mind keeping it. However Samsung Kies is an awful piece of software. It really mucked up my laptop when i tried to download the latest version so that I could update the firmware on my old phone with a view to hopefully tethering to my tablet. [tethering worked with my old laptop on Vista] I had to uninstall Kies to get my laptop to work again as it was in hibeernation mode all the time.

Would it be easier to get a Windows 8 phone like nokia 820 to be able to tether easily?

Woolwell 12:33 PM 24 Apr 13

I used to tether ok with my old Galaxy 1. Agree entire about Kies which is why I now have an iPhone.

Most modern phones (Android, iOS, Windows) are quite capable of tethering but some mobile operators block it. No need to get a W8 phone just for tethering.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites