surround sound

ozzymodo 12:58 03 Jan 15

Hi all, I was bought a Blue ray player by my daughter for xmas (Samsung BD-H5500 3D) even though I do not own a 3D tv she said it was there in case I upgraded,I also have an ACOUSTIC SOLUTION (DX333) 5.1 surround sound system (yes It is over 9yrs old but it is still going well.) When I had my old dvd player connected all the surround sound was virtually level (as in voices and sound effects)and this was connected using the Optical lead connection. Now that I have my Blue Ray player connected the voices seem quiet but the sound effects suddenly deafen you and are way way louder than normal. Is this a fault or have I set it up wrong. I have tried the PCM setting as all the other ones (Bitstream) left me with no sound at all. As I said my old DVD player connected via an Optical cable this one only has a Co-Axial connection?? Surely Optical is better? I have been on Samsung's home site and posted this query but no reply even after a week. Can anyone please help without me having to go buy new surround sound units ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…