Summit Photofix 35mm slide Scanner - advice

Guady 17:16 21 Dec 07

I've read the review of this item and am really tempted to buy - as we have loads of 35mm slides dating from the 60s and 70s. My question is: has anyone used one of these and is the quality worthwhile? These are only holiday pics, etc - I just want to be able to look at them and possibly print out a few. The Slide Scanner costs about £100 and I suppose I'm really asking - will it be worth buying?

MCE2K5 02:32 22 Dec 07

Reviewed by Pentris, click here

jack 09:14 22 Dec 07

For that Money or very close a good quality Epson/Canon/HP flatbed with light in the lid
Will do A4 flat copy 35mm/2.5 "/ and some iimes larger transparencies- They all come with a useful software pack.
This is but one example- take a look in depth at the Epson/HP/Canon sites for more
click here

Stuartli 15:21 23 Dec 07

You still can't beat a dedicated film scanner - most also provide up to the level of resolution achievable by 35mm film.

jack 15:51 23 Dec 07

Stuartli
One cannot argue with your logic- it is perfectly true.
But if Gaudy is looking at devices such as this- the needs I assume are modest- hence my recommendations.
After all- If some one is asking about a family runabout - you would not I am sure direct then to the Ferrari dealership - or would you!

Happy Christmas to you and yours

jack 15:52 23 Dec 07

Remember too the budget mentioned

jack 10:56 27 Dec 07

Not often this happens

The February issue of PCA carries a revie of the item by reviewer Rosemary Howarth

Definitely a Thumbs Down.
Check it out

jack 10:56 27 Dec 07

Not often this happens

The February issue of PCA carries a revie of the item by reviewer Rosemary Howarth

Definitely a Thumbs Down.
Check it out

Stuartli 18:49 27 Dec 07

>>you would not I am sure direct then to the Ferrari dealership >>

I wouldn't use a Ferrari as an analogy for a dedicated film scanner....:-)

islagillard 17:45 20 Jul 08

Hi

I started to scan my mothers 3000+ slides with the Nikon 4000ED film scanner which also does APS films and 35mm negatives which was an advantage too, but I found with 35mm slide scanning it just took too long doing one at a time, i then did a quick search online and found a company who take all the pain out of scanning, they are called Mr Scan click here
These guys offer a great quality fast scanning service. I returned my Nikon scanner and got Mr Scan to do all my photos. After my refund from Nikon i actual had all my images and money left over. Note: Don’t attemt to scan yourself, its cheaper to go with a professional scanning company.

Isla, Farnham, Surrey

Stuartli 20:32 20 Jul 08

Task probably done by now...:-)

Last posting was seven months ago.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…