Subscription TV

morddwyd 09:15 13 Apr 14

My wife has recently moved into a care home.

They don't have Sky or broadband, just freeview.

What's the best way of getting her some extra channels?

I've looked at Top Up TV. Are there any others?

wiz-king 12:40 14 Apr 14

Without broadband your stuck with freeview. You could get her a wifi donggle but it would be an expensive way of getting TV.

morddwyd 19:43 14 Apr 14

Thanks. I was afraid that might be the case.

I can get a BT Fon signal there but not sure if it would be adequate for streaming.

mole1944 15:36 16 Apr 14

My heart goes out to you morddwyd,i too have put my wife into care (dementia) hardest thing i could do felt a failure but was the best for my wife and that's what counts, still cry about putting her there and i know she's happy,but by goodness it still hurts and yes i cry about it.

morddwyd 20:16 16 Apr 14

Thank you for that.

I still try to avoid going into her empty bedroom, because it echoes.

mole1944 06:36 17 Apr 14

To help a tad morddwyd (((((big hug)))),can't take away the hurt and pain but at least i can emphasize being in the same situation. You must go into her room it needs to be done to get rid of ghosts, i cried buckets disposing of my wife's unwanted clothes.Good luck my friend , i called it like a "bereavement without a body",jeez it's hard to do some things,but you've done your best your no superman and from her point of view she will be happy. Be like me put on a brave face when you visit her,be your old self,mask your pain.

morddwyd 19:34 17 Apr 14

"i called it like a "bereavement without a body""

Exactly so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…