Streaming Audio

tillerman 13:17 05 Apr 06

I get no sound from a streaming site. Log in is fine, as is connection. The player reads "Media Changing" and "Ready" but no sound is emitted.

WMP 9 gives me the following error when I click on the volume button:

C00D1199: Cannot play the file

Proxy settings, streaming protocol are set to recommended by site. File associations are fine. I've used this site previously with few problems, but after renewing my subscription this year, I can hear no sound. This is a national site that broadcacts professional sports, so I do not think the file is corrupt, and I don't believe it is a Codec problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

remind 14:08 05 Apr 06

which site?

Diodorus Siculus 16:55 05 Apr 06

Chris Lanier's Blog : Guide To Error C00D1199 In Windows Media Player
click here

Media Advice Archive
click here

tillerman 03:38 06 Apr 06

Thanks for the replies. I'll check out Chris Lanier's Blog and try the suggestions.

The site is MLB.com (major league baseball). I live in Asia and have used their streaming audio service for three years with virtually no problems, but this issue with WMP 9 (and RealPlayer, as well) has me stumped. I've tried different browsers and nothing helped. Of course, MLB.com won't respond to e-mails, and their toll-free number is not valid internationally. I waited on hold for about 5-7 minutes --- any longer may have cost me as much as the subscription. Also, their site's troubleshooting recommendations have not helped me solve the problem. Anyway, thanks for the link and replies.

tillerman 15:40 06 Apr 06

Reinstalled Media Player through SetUp as one of Lanier's suggestions --- works like a charm. No idea what the problem might have been. Thanks for your help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now