Sqeezebox question

davecooper 10:14 11 Dec 08

I am a bit confused about how the Slim Devices Squeezebox works. Does it have its own internal memory or does it rely on a PC to store the music tracks? If it has its own storage, what is the size of this?

canarieslover 12:05 11 Dec 08

It's just a streaming device that uses your PC as a server.
click here

davecooper 13:22 11 Dec 08

I thought that might be the case. I am in the process of digitising a large collection of vinyl and cassettes etc and want to digitally store them along with CD's at varying levels of compression for playback through an audio system. I guess I need a digital jukebox of some description.

Hammersmith 15:43 11 Dec 08

Dave,
You can run it via a Netgear Readynas Duo external hard disk or similar without having to have your computer on. I've had this set-up for 6 months now and it works fine, albeit slightly slower then when running through a PC. It still beats searching for the CD.
The technical support team from Squeezebox are also very good.

Stuartli 17:22 11 Dec 08

One of the offspring has the original Squeezebox (see click here) and it's brilliant.

He converted all his CDs to MP3 form and uses the Squeezebox wirelessly - sound quality is excellent through his main hi-fi speakers despite the tracks conversion.

davecooper 08:20 12 Dec 08

I didn't realise the squeezebox could take an external drive. Would any ext hard drive be suitable? Would you recommend a squeezebox/ext hard drive combination over a stand alone digital jukebox? Search speed is not really an issue. Will this combination ultimately be more flexible?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…