Sony PSP & downloads

Les T 01:37 15 Nov 07

My son is going to get a PSP from "Santa". I have been doing a bit of browsing and noticed that you can download game demos and the like for it.
My question is, as long as there is a compatible memory card installed (which there will be), will the downloaded demos play, without having to convert the file formats or anything like that?

As you can tell i'm quite green when it comes to the PSP (impressive machine, mind you)

Thanks in advance.

MCE2K5 01:54 15 Nov 07

Hi Les,

Yes Game Demo's will play, No converting to do, They must be UK (or European - I think, Not tried these yet).

If you got a wireless Router link it to that, They don't take long to Download.

Les T 12:13 15 Nov 07

MCE2K5

Cheers for your reply, that sounds promising.

Thanks

wolfie3000 15:33 15 Nov 07

Heres a list of all the Sony PSP game demos available,

click here

ALso it might require the firmware to be updated, download the latest firmware here.

click here

As for downloading and playing these games just follow the instructions that come with the game downloads, but its really simple to do.

One other thing he might enjoy is this program,

click here

It will allow him to convert videos to MP4 so he can watch videos on his new PSP,

It also has an download videos from websites feature, so any videos he likes on youtube, google video or myspace he can download and convert to his psp in a matter of minutes.

I hope your son enjoys his new PSP, also a good idea to register the PSP with the sony website so you can get exclusive content in the future.

wolfie3000 15:42 15 Nov 07

Forgot to mention you dont need any special software to put the game demos onto the memory card, all you need is a card reader that takes the pro duo memory card,

the card looks like this.

click here

Also the converted videos and any other media he wants on there are done in the same way.

Les T 23:52 15 Nov 07

wolfie3000

Thanks a lot, lots of useful info you've posted there.

Cheers

Les T

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5