Sony P92 is it dead?

lester1 00:19 09 May 07

I have a P92 and now find that no image is visable on the LCD screen. Any pictures taken are black,think the CCD has gone.
Am I wrong or is there an explanationm or cure(already tried taking the batteries out and inserting after a number of hours,also tried the reset to no avail)

If the problem is terminal has anyone got an opinion or experience on the S650

Kate B 12:35 09 May 07

Having no idea what a P92 is, I've just Googled it and discovered it's a digital camera - it does help to give us as much information as possible when you ask for help.

What happens if you put the memory stick in a card reader? Are there any pictures on it it? If not, the camera sounds like toast to me. How old is it? Generally they're too fiddly to fix.

anchor 13:17 09 May 07

As Kate B suggested, try the memory stick in a card reader; if you see nothing, then its gone!. Certainly not worth spending any money one.

Reading a review of the S650; for the money, it seems good.

lester1 22:29 09 May 07

Thanks for your responses, sorry about the lack of info about a P92 being a digital camera.BTW it's 4 years old.

The images on the memory stick are OK up to the time that the LCD display went black (still can be viewed via the camera)

I suppose it's off to the shops now thanks for your help.

John B 08:20 10 May 07

click here

My camera wasn't listed but Sony repaired the ccd for free (camera 4 years old). Worth a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…