Sony P92 is it dead?

lester1 00:19 09 May 07

I have a P92 and now find that no image is visable on the LCD screen. Any pictures taken are black,think the CCD has gone.
Am I wrong or is there an explanationm or cure(already tried taking the batteries out and inserting after a number of hours,also tried the reset to no avail)

If the problem is terminal has anyone got an opinion or experience on the S650

Kate B 12:35 09 May 07

Having no idea what a P92 is, I've just Googled it and discovered it's a digital camera - it does help to give us as much information as possible when you ask for help.

What happens if you put the memory stick in a card reader? Are there any pictures on it it? If not, the camera sounds like toast to me. How old is it? Generally they're too fiddly to fix.

anchor 13:17 09 May 07

As Kate B suggested, try the memory stick in a card reader; if you see nothing, then its gone!. Certainly not worth spending any money one.

Reading a review of the S650; for the money, it seems good.

lester1 22:29 09 May 07

Thanks for your responses, sorry about the lack of info about a P92 being a digital camera.BTW it's 4 years old.

The images on the memory stick are OK up to the time that the LCD display went black (still can be viewed via the camera)

I suppose it's off to the shops now thanks for your help.

John B 08:20 10 May 07

click here

My camera wasn't listed but Sony repaired the ccd for free (camera 4 years old). Worth a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5