Sony DVD-R Player

johndrew 11:07 20 May 07

Subject is a Sony RDR-GX210 DVD-R player that is exhibiting intermittent playing of DVDs. Symptoms are that when a DVD is put in and played it sometimes will play faultlessly all the way through. But most times it will play to a point (not in any way a similar time) and then stick, the picture freezes and timer stops. It may then jump a bit and run again for a few seconds before freezing again (this may repeat a number of times before jumping to the end) or it may refuse to run at all. This occurs with both commercial and home movies which run perfectly on another DVD player (also Sony).

Hopefully I have come to the right forum to ask this question. I know it`s not directly PC related but it may be similar in some ways.

Can anyone give me any idea as to the cause of these symptoms; either the drive or other electronics being the likely culprit.

Many thanks in anticipation.

De Marcus™ 13:33 20 May 07

Possibly a dirty laser lens, try a cleaner.

johndrew 14:23 20 May 07

Thanks for coming back.

I shall need to buy a cleaner disc. Will a CD cleaner work on a DVD player? If not do you have a recommendation?

De Marcus™ 16:09 20 May 07

I wouldn't know for certain johndrew but I'd imagine so.

johndrew 13:38 21 May 07

The problem is resolved. As you suggested a cleaner disc was needed and the machine functions as it should.

Thanks for your pointer. I may have got there eventually but by a much longer (and expensive) route.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced