Sony DSC-W300 camera LCD problem

c4rm0 18:34 PM 09 Feb 10

i bought a Sony DSC-W300 digital camera about 1 year ago and since then the screen is getting gradually worst. Its like the LCD is peeling away its hard to explain. I have kept the camera in a case all the time and i have never got it wet ect

I have uploaded a pic so you can get a rough idea

click here

anyone know what has caused this and how much to get it repaired?

jack 20:01 PM 09 Feb 10

If so returnit to vendor pronto
Also contact support at Sony.

Just be aware as a general principle- little electronic gadjets do not get repaired.
And because it is a mass produced item it is possible this is not an isolated case- so Sony may have a recall in place.

anchor 13:32 PM 10 Feb 10

I would approach Sony at the highest level; Certainly one should not expect to pay around £200 and it only last around 1 year. The sale of goods act should cover this.

If you feel capable of replacing the screen yourself, a new one is available here at reasonable cost;

click here

canarieslover 19:35 PM 10 Feb 10

Silly question, could it be a peel off protective cover? A lot of screens have these on when shipped.

anchor 08:41 AM 11 Feb 10

canarieslover: Good point; worth investigating.

c4rm0 18:19 PM 11 Feb 10

i bought the Camera from Ebay so no warrenty :( i have the original box / paperwork though

Canarieslover - i did original think it was a screen protector cover but i have tried picking at the edges but it doesnt come off and also when i press it down and move my fingers across the marks dont move

I have Emailed Sony support so i will see what they have to say about it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 review: Hands-on with the new generation of Surface

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Crowdfunding for world’s first 3D camera-computer found in 30 hours

2015 iMac release date rumours, specs, price & features: new 21in 4K Retina iMacs coming next week