SONY DCR-HC85E Camcorder

zarobian 18:50 17 May 06

I am trying to download my footage via fire wire to my hard disk but my computer does not recognise the camcorder. I have been using this before without any problem. I tried different computer with different fire wire cable and fire wire card no joy.
Device manger shows "VIA OHCI complient IEEE 1394 Host Controller".
System is WinXP pro.

Any idea please?

zarobian 10:22 21 May 06

Come on boys. You must have some idea to sort out my problem.

MichelleC 14:58 21 May 06

Try changing firewire card driver. Usually it's either a generic windows or a Texas Intruments. I swopped over and fixed my no recognition.

zarobian 15:53 21 May 06

Hi MichelleC,

Thanks for the tip. Do you suggest that I change the driver to Texas Instruments one. My card has been recognised in the device manager as "VIA OHCI complient IEEE 1394 Host Controller".

Where I will find the Texas Instruments Driver?
Have you got any link to the driver site please?

MichelleC 17:31 21 May 06

Go to Device manager/IEEE 1394 Host Controller, open it, Driver, update driver, display a list of suitable drivers etc, next. You may have to reboot. When you boot up have dv camcorder plugged in and on.

zarobian 20:28 21 May 06

Thanks Michelle, will do it to-morrow as I am now going out with friends.Thanks again will post back.

Z

zarobian 13:16 25 May 06

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately could not resolve the problem!!!
I shall borrow a friend's camcorder to make sure it is not my computer but the camcorder itself.
Z

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…