sony camera not compatible with vista

MEDMAN111 02:28 23 Apr 07

the mavica fd88 uses floppy for storage, no usb or media card. the arcsoft software does not offer a patch and sony is of no help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks .. kevin

jack 08:51 23 Apr 07

USB external Floppy drives are available- Google around for those, but that would seem a tad costly to buy as a one off job.
Alternatively if you have a chum with computer with a Floppy drive and the time to upload them and burn to CD/DVDs-or for you to supply him with a 'pen' drive- this could be the way

Kate B 10:17 23 Apr 07

Or time to buy a new camera? I can understand the attachment to the old one but those cameras produce very poor-quality images compared to even the cheapest digital cameras today.

MEDMAN111 02:39 24 Apr 07

yes i agree, we have a new camera however i have 10 years of photos i need to access and send. we will try to transfer to disc Thanks all, kevin

jack 08:26 24 Apr 07

If this means finding someone with a pre Vista machine and floppy drive and your experiencing difficulty in this direction
May I suggest you try one of the supermarkets/chemists/photo stores that have in-store
processing via one of those counter top machines that accommodate all sorts of medi.,
Here you can simply insert your floppies and get them burned to CD.

Kate B 09:47 24 Apr 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…