Some excellent shots of Moscow can..

Stuartli 19:21 08 Apr 06

..be found at this link:

click here

May interest those who have visited Moscow.

Forum Editor 00:43 09 Apr 06

fairly often on business, and I must say that those images sum it up pretty well - it's a largely dreary place, and there's an air of desperation about many of the people. I stay in a lovely hotel on the edge of Red Square, and my clients come to me, so I see the best of the place. Red Square at night in the snow is a spine-tingling experience, quite beautiful, and very mysterious. There are other memorable sights, but in the main I'm usually breathing a sigh of relief as my aircraft lifts off for good old blighty.

rdave13 01:29 09 Apr 06

Living near Snowdonia I dislike "flat" places. London comes to mind and your pics show nothing different. Hate big cities and having lived in one for 12 months will never go near again if possible.

Your pics are great though and thanks for showing me a bit of the world I'll never see in true life.

Forum Editor 13:03 09 Apr 06

I'm from Wales, and spent part of my life living in Snowdonia, so mountains are in the blood, but.....

To say that you'll never go near a city again is a trifle sad. There are some wonderful cities out there, and you're denying yourself a rich life-experience by saying that. As for London, what ever gave you the idea that it's a flat place? That's far from the truth - I live in London near a hill that's the highest point between London and York, and anyone who has ever walked up to Hampstead from Central London will tell you all about the steepness of the climb.

hzhzhz 15:29 09 Apr 06

Rdave13

The top of Aran Fawddwy for me.

tony58 17:48 09 Apr 06

tryfan

hzhzhz 18:21 09 Apr 06

tony58

My Easter walk sorted. Just checked it out.

Bingalau 17:02 17 Apr 06

I love cities and country areas. It's great to be able to use one as an antidote to the other. Maybe that's because I was an evacuee and appreciate they are equally as good as each other. I've lived in numerous cities and climbed lots of hills and a few mountains. I consider myself very lucky to have done so. ..Bingalau..

rmcqua 10:17 20 Apr 06

Some big cities you really should try if you ever get the chance. All of them very different to London, with their own unique atmospheres. Some have high ground, some don't :

Hong Kong
Tokyo
Kuala Lumpur
Singapore
Seoul
Taipei
Shanghai
Sydney
San Francisco
San Diego
Miami
Boston
New York
Seattle
Madrid
Barcelona
Nice
Lisbon
Zurich
Copenhagen
Toronto
Vancouver
Monterrey
Bangalore

These are just a few of my favourites. I will certainly have missed out lots of other folks' favourites.

rdave13 23:56 20 Apr 06

Glad to know that you enjoy the cities and countryside. Personally the cities have always given me the heegie beegies, and I don't think it will change for me. Have visited many in our little isle but honestly don't enjoy them. My loss but horses for courses.

rmcqua, most impressed with your list, a well travelled person I see.

FE, glad to know that there is a high hill between London and York.

Forum Editor 00:39 21 Apr 06

York aside, my point was that London isn't a 'flat place'. It occupies the flood-plain and sides of a river valley - there are plenty of hills.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5