smartphone to use as wifi

1didee8 13:28 15 Nov 14

Have a droid razr,switching to 1phone5,on Verizon.What I want to know is how can I continue to use my droid at home or in any wifi spot for the internet. Once I take the sims card out and place in the iphone the droid will basically be dead,Right? Will a new sims bring it back to life to use in this manner. thanks..hate to lose the use of it,it is new.And don't want to sell, may hate the iphone. Have always owned a droid. Thanks for any input cause I can't find a straight answer any where on line.

Batch 15:24 15 Nov 14

Yes, put another SIM in the old phone.

I'm guessing you are in the USA (as a Verizon customer). Most on this forum are in the UK so not too familiar with what deals are available in USA.

In the UK (and the rest of the world as far as I know) all phones are SIM based (unlike the US) and so is a very competitive SIM market. Vast range of pay as you go SIMs are available free and just need to purchase a basic top-up (ideally that never expires as long as you don't use all the credit - although with most you do need to make at least on call every 6 months or so to keep the SIM active). Maybe see if you can find something similar (or better) in your neck of the woods.

Having said all that, have you actually tried using the old phone on WiFi without a SIM?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…