Smartphone insurance problem

CarlosGonçalves 20:40 04 Jul 14

Hey guys,

So i have a question, i had the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, right? When i bought the phone, i made an insurance for it. There was different types of insurance (cheaper) but because the phone costed 399€ (Europe) i was forced to accept the most expensive one.

2.5 Years later (and still paying the most expensive insurance)my phone fell into a pool and never worked again...

I activated the insurance, and they sent the "Sony Xperia M2" as a replacement (didn't even had a choice of choosing one myself...).

Of course i want to choose a phone by myself, since i paid the insurance for so long (the most expensive one) and still have to pay the replacement feed of (65€)

When i said this to the manager of the store he said "you get one with the same characteristics as your older one".

Come on now, that's stupid, since my play is 3 years old i would get a shitty phone..

What i want to ask is, is the M2 = to my xperia play at his prime (3 years ago) since i will lose my "console/phone"? (i asked the Wiko Highway as a replacement wich is only 20€ more expensive).

Thanks

alanrwood 10:07 05 Jul 14

Insurance only covers you for replacement of an equivalent not for a better item even if things have improved in the meantime. If you want better try negotiating a replacement value and then you add the difference for the phone you want.

I can't commment on the particular phones you mention as I don't have any experience with either.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…