sky tv - going into standby

sunnystaines 13:24 24 Feb 09

anyone getting "going into stanby mode" press "backup" to cancel.

getting this quite often now and has messed up some late night video recordings now getting it during daytime.

if we press backup all is ok if we miss the warning the screen goes blue.

had sky for years never had this before.

Cymro. 15:25 24 Feb 09

I assume that you are using Sky Plus as there is a function on it that takes the box in to standby automatically at a certain time of the night.

You can disable this function but to be honest I don`t remember how to go about it. There must be something in the manual that came with the box. Have a read of that and you will probably find the answer you want.

laurie53 20:10 24 Feb 09

"Services" "Sky Set Up" "Auto Stand By" set to "Off"

Save new settings.

However, since the box doesn't have to be on to make recordings, perhaps your glitch is elsewhere

sunnystaines 14:58 25 Feb 09

thanks did not have sky plus, but recently an engineer changed our basic box, laurie53's instructions led us to switch it off.

thankyou both for helping.

anchor 16:17 25 Feb 09

sunnystaines: I had the same problem last summer. I set up to record some Sky programmes whilst on holiday only to find a blank screen. After a Google search I found the answer as given by laurie53.

I had not had the switch-off problem before, and could`nt understand how it got altered. I certainly did not change anything.

DieSse 22:20 26 Feb 09

"I had not had the switch-off problem before, and could`nt understand how it got altered"

A Sky software update made the change as an "energy saving" initiative.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…