sky on my computer

adamagain 23:13 24 May 06

if i fit a PCTV card that can receive sky will this also give me the HDTV free channels that sky show,BBC etc, on my monitor

I view sky through my pc and get all channels so I can see no problem

DrScott 21:14 25 May 06

in a link to a card that can decrypt sky channels? I didn't think it was really possible, especially since where would you put the viewing card?

Of course, some sky channels can be watched via BB with the viewing card number.

DieSse 22:28 25 May 06

"I'd be very interested in a link to a card that can decrypt sky channels"

I'm sure there isn't such a thing - not because it's technically impossible (it isn't) - but because Sky, who own the rights to the encryption technology, have not allowed it to be done.

What you can do, is hace a Digibox near your PC, and feed it's output into the PC.

There are standard digital TV cards, and external USB tuners, which can, of course be tuned to receive any free and unencrypted channels.

adamagain 23:01 30 May 06

I knew i had seen something about this someware
But i was just thinking about the free channels for all the other postings who were asking where would you put the card

Stuartli 09:55 01 Jun 06

Twinhan does a number of satellite PCI TV cards including models with a slot for viewing cards, but whether they will serve your purpose I don't know:

click here

Stuartli 10:44 01 Jun 06

Found this whilst browsing the HDTVUK website:

click here

Could be just what you need, but may be more than you expect to pay.

Stuartli 10:51 01 Jun 06

It only went on sale in the UK on Tuesday, stated to be at about £180.

Stuartli 11:03 01 Jun 06

On sale at PC World:

click here=

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…