sky dish

milb1 21:32 05 Jan 06

can i use my sky dish as an aerial for my fre view box ? i bought a digi aerial from currys its rank i am limited to what i can use as i live in a flat thx in advance to all replies, free watch to a randomley selected person who comes up with a solution for me.

rsinbad 22:53 05 Jan 06

see my postings in helproom forum

BRYNIT 23:13 05 Jan 06

No a Sky disk will not work as an aerial

DieSse 23:19 05 Jan 06

There is no solution - they work on totally different principles.

However - if you have a sky dish - why have you bought a freeview box. There is nothing that freeview gets that Sky doesn't. If you want different channels in two places, then you should have got another Sky Digibox and a double (twin) LNB for the dish.

rsinbad 23:55 05 Jan 06

not exactly click here

DieSse 23:59 05 Jan 06

not exactly what?

DieSse 00:10 06 Jan 06

Ah - not exactly the same channels free on Sky as on Freeview - yes you're right, but there's not that much difference either. You lose some, and gain others.

rsinbad 10:38 06 Jan 06

Sorry maybe i'll explain in milb1 first posting in the helproom forum, he had cancelled his subscription to sky as for him it was a rip off.

Hence my link as an option to getting freeveiw and more from his sky dish, ( not exactly)

milb1 19:58 06 Jan 06

thx for all replies diesse i have got rid of sky thats why i got the free view trying to save some money

nagonlouse 20:32 06 Jan 06

milb1.

If you have still got your Sky dish and box you can purchase a card from Sky that allows you to get all the Freeview channels. It`s a one off payment £10-£20 I think. Give em a ring they turn you on in no time.

DieSse 22:24 06 Jan 06

But if you simply cancel your subscription, the box and the cancelled card will give you all the channels you want.

That's what I did, and that's what I've got.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…