Sky Boxes - New Question (well I think so)

Minxster 14:38 17 May 06

I subscribed to Multiroom for over a year now and will be moving home soon and we have decided to go down to one sky box and freeview which we will now be able to recieve. Can I use my old Panasoni Digital receiver for freeview?

rodriguez 18:27 17 May 06

Yes but you'll still need a satellite feed into the second room where you want Freeview. You'll also need to get a Freesat card from Sky for a one-off fee of £150. You will get a lot more channels than Freeview, but they will be the free to air channels. You can use your Panasonic box without a card, but you won't be able to get Channel 4 or 5 on it. It might also be cheaper than £150 because you already have the box and are a Sky customer, but discuss the cost with Sky.

DieSse 20:20 17 May 06

To avoid any misunderstanding -

You can't use your old Sky Digibox for terrestrial Freeview.

You can though, as rodriguez said, connect it to your dish (with a suitable LNB to give you the extra feed that you will need), and use it without a card (and therefore without any subscription) to get the free satellite channels (All BBC, All ITV, Sky News, and many others) - they're not the same channels as are on terretrial Freeview, but are a good and similar mix of channels.

Minxster 10:09 18 May 06

Thanks guys

Confab 12:41 23 May 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…