Sky box

0418rob 13:09 31 Oct 09

Hi, just wondered if any one could help. I have a sky hd box and have been using to recieve free channels like bbc 1 etc.. I think sky have updated as have new information bar on the bottom of the picture but i can no longer receive and channels. says no signal but i have check the signal strength and is good. Can any one help please

BRYNIT 19:23 31 Oct 09

Have you tried unplugging Sky box from mains for a few minutes. Plug box back in and see if it resets its self.

Chris the Ancient 09:42 01 Nov 09

As far as I know, all Sky subscribers received a new 'card' to plug in over the last few months. This was to stop people using 'cracked' or faked IDs. Did you get one and plug it in? If you didn't receive that new card and you have a legitimate subscription, chase Sky.

Is your phone line connection from the box working (Shown in 'Services' on my controller)? The box and Sky need to communicate every so often.

Spark6 09:52 01 Nov 09

Agreed. I received a number of notifications re the replacement updated card before I received it on the 21st September. No problem.

dms_05 13:49 01 Nov 09

You don't need any Sky subscription or Sky Viewing Card to view BBC1/2/3/4 and BBC HD. Depending upon the box manufacturer the EPG has been/is to be updated. This is an automatic process and doesn't need any user input.

Other than BBC HD and Luxe HD you will need a valid Sky Viewing Card. C4 HD is free of subscription but is encrypted, so a Sky Freesat card works. The other 20+ HD channels are all subscription based.

The new Sky Viewing Card is white and replaces the old blue card. The card sent to the viewer is pre-matched with the box registered with Sky and it's simply a matter of taking out the old card and inserting the new one.

Spark6 20:37 01 Nov 09

Does the record and playback feature on the Sky HD+ box function without a Sky subscription?
Apologies if I am hijacking this thread!

anskyber 10:28 03 Nov 09

In a word no.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…