Sky Blocking Terrestrial Signal

morddwyd 07:54 AM 26 Mar 13

When I switch on my Sky+HD box I lose my terrestrial signal to my Samsung ES 5500 tv.

Any ideas?

(Note - I'm not talking about automatic switching, which is not enabled anyway, but the terrestrial screen going blank and a "Weak or no signal, check aerial connection" message appearing)

wiz-king 08:50 AM 26 Mar 13

more info needed - sky via dish or telephone line

morddwyd 16:44 PM 26 Mar 13

Sorry, Sky dish, box feeding two sets through HDMI splitter. works OK one one set, and was alight on the other, a Panasonic, until I changed it for the Samsung.

dms_05 09:04 AM 28 Mar 13

It might be the HDMI splitter as the TV needs to handshake with the Sky box via DHCP. Have you tried running the new Samsung without the HDMI splitter, letting it handshakw and then see if it works? If it does then try introducing the splitter.

morddwyd 07:08 AM 29 Mar 13

The problem seems to have sorted itself now. I had tried the various connections so it could be that what you suggested was correct.

Thanks for the response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…