Sky Blocking Terrestrial Signal

morddwyd 26 Mar 13

When I switch on my Sky+HD box I lose my terrestrial signal to my Samsung ES 5500 tv.

Any ideas?

(Note - I'm not talking about automatic switching, which is not enabled anyway, but the terrestrial screen going blank and a "Weak or no signal, check aerial connection" message appearing)

wiz-king 26 Mar 13

more info needed - sky via dish or telephone line

morddwyd 26 Mar 13

Sorry, Sky dish, box feeding two sets through HDMI splitter. works OK one one set, and was alight on the other, a Panasonic, until I changed it for the Samsung.

dms_05 28 Mar 13

It might be the HDMI splitter as the TV needs to handshake with the Sky box via DHCP. Have you tried running the new Samsung without the HDMI splitter, letting it handshakw and then see if it works? If it does then try introducing the splitter.

morddwyd 29 Mar 13

The problem seems to have sorted itself now. I had tried the various connections so it could be that what you suggested was correct.

Thanks for the response.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message