Sky Anytime problems

Xam 19:07 17 May 07

I have a pc with windows XP & have downloaded the program from SKY Anytime. When i try to open it I get an error message and when I contacted sky they said the following - 'I can confirm
that after extensive investigation, our technical teams have determined that the error message you’ve experienced, is not caused by the Sky Anytime on PC application itself, but is caused by a core Microsoft Windows issue on your computer.
We believe this issue is caused by one of two problems:
The Windows registry Performance Counter Library values have become corrupt,
or
Another application has manually disabled the Performance Counter Library

Due to the complexity of this issue, we recommend that you seek advice from Microsoft Windows XP support, or a similarly qualified technical reference.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.'
Can anyone help - or have experienced the same as I cannot find any help anywhere. thanks

ICF 20:26 17 May 07

If you have the XP disc you could try a repair install click here

puffin9888 22:12 27 Jun 07

I had exactly the same problem. Even more anoying is that I've downloaded stuff I have not watched yet. I'm surprised at sky's response to you - surely Windows XP was around before sky anytime, so shouldn't they have designed their program to work with XP?
If it is any help I started to get the error after I did windows update recently, and accidently upgraded to windows media player 11. But I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and even a system restore. Nothing has repaired the fault. Let me know If you get any joy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now