sky 150 tv link

home-1289642 12:16 25 Aug 08

I have just had an upgrade to sky+ and now find that the sky 150 tv link on the second tv does not work although Sky contractor said it would. Unfortunately he left without checking it.

anniesboy 12:50 25 Aug 08

I had exactly this issue,a new sky+ box did not resolve the issue . It transpired that my lead to the second tv went via a long route shortening this lead resolved the problem .
Possibly something to do with voltage drop.
Can you temporarily move second tv close to sky+ box to see if that works.
I don't know if sky produce different types of tv links.

home-1289642 19:56 25 Aug 08

No joy,, have been advised to go into system setup then installer menu (option 0) but it doesn't exist as only 8 options

home-1289642 20:36 25 Aug 08

the box is an Amstrad and does not have a 0 after services,4, therefore no installer menu. Unable to find it by scrolling around elsewhere

home-1289642 21:08 25 Aug 08

thanks a lot. got into menu even though not shown.

BRYNIT 21:20 25 Aug 08

I think it's the same as the other sky boxes to get into the installer setup you will need to press Services, 4 system setup.

Now press 0, 1, select this should get you into the installer setup it may take a couple of tries. Select 4 RF outlet and check that RF outlet power supply is showing ON.

If the RF outlet power is showing as on it could be that the RF cable was plugged into the sky+ box with the power on this sometime causes a slight short.

Unplug the sky+ box from the power supply leave it for 2-3 minuets and plug back in letting it reset it self. This sometimes works but not always.

jammy123 23:55 10 Oct 10

hey guys just after some information, i have a sky= box in my living room but want to send it to 2other tvs upstairs and be able to turn the sky channels over from the other rooms upstairs, i dont know exactly what equipment i need, i know i need av video senders and recievers but how do i set them up, does the sender be connected to the sky box an recievers be connected to the tv's????
please help thanks guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac