A simple SKY box question....for you, but not for me.

Forum Editor 27 Nov 12
Answered

Here's the thing:-

I want to connect a SKY+ box to two TVs. One is adjacent to the SKY box, and is already connected, the other one is two floors up. I have a coax cable available between the two locations - can I use it to provide the upstairs TV with a SKY picture, and if so, how do I connect at the two devices?

I may know a little bit about computers, but (as you can see) when it comes to TVs and satellite boxes my brain turns to jelly.

morddwyd 27 Nov 12

Don't know about co-ax, but I've certainly dome it with SCART, and am currently doing it with HDMI.

See no reason why it shouldn't work wit a co'ax splitter, tho' you might need a booster as I'm not sure about the strength of a co-ax signal.

If you are going to use something like Power Mid for control you might also need a booster for three floors.

tullie 27 Nov 12

You can allways pay for multi room

Forum Editor 27 Nov 12

tullie

I don't need multi-room control. What I want to do is to be able to view the same SKY programme on both TVs. I know it can be done, but I'm not sure how.

mole1944 28 Nov 12

How about using a wireless link you can get them in Argos,plugs into skybox then reciever into the tv you wnat the signal to.

morddwyd 28 Nov 12

If the co-ax is already available, try it, using a splitter if necessary (I can't remember whether the Kky+ box has two outputs, does it have an RF1 and an RF2?).

If you just want a simple SD picture with no control that is the easiest option.

rdave13 28 Nov 12
Answer

This might help, click here.

bremner 29 Nov 12

The Sky Box should have an RF out coax connection in addition to its Scart and HDMI (if it is so eqipped) from which you can run the cable to the second TV. I have been doing so for years to the kids rooms.

Forum Editor 02 Dec 12

mordwydd, rdave13, and bremner

Thank you all - the coax cable is already in position, and using rdave13's excellent link I have been able to sort it all out - SKY picture now available on the second TV.

HondaMan 02 Jan 13

I have 2 additional sets connected simply by co-axial cable. Works fine

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message