Simple Freeview Recorder

morddwyd 16:09 03 Sep 14

My wife's new carehome doesn't have Sky, so I'm looking for a nice simple Freeview recorder, the one she has (Panasonic) while good, is too complicated.

Really want something as simple as Sky, which she has no problem with - one button for EPG, button for Planner, select programme and play.

Any suggestions?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:52 03 Sep 14

Humax fox t2

guide - select program - press ok for timer record

Media button scroll down through recorded programs - press Ok selct play from start (highlighted if not yet watched ) or select resume play (highlighted) if already part watched.

it will of course will do lots more but easy enough for the simple record and play otions

morddwyd 10:50 05 Sep 14

Thanks fruitbat, Sounds good, I'll have a look.

morddwyd 10:57 05 Sep 14

I did.

Discontinued!

Thanks anyway.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:14 05 Sep 14

This is the equivalent base on same tech

Review

tigertop2 18:21 06 Sep 14

Have a look at MANAGER'S SPECIALS on the Humax site. I got a superb Freeview PVR, HDR 200T for £119.. I have used many Humax PVRs . This was one of my best buys

click here

morddwyd 07:57 07 Sep 14

Thanks but no indication of whether they are suitable for someone with limited dexterity.

While fruitbat's recommendation sounds ideal, and I have one on order, I am not a great fan of Humax.

I have one and it's even more complicated than the Panasonic!

morddwyd 19:27 08 Sep 14

Update for fruitbat

Now tried your second suggestion, no tsimple enough I'm afraid. It requires several menu operations and as each button press takes my wife between 12 and 3 minutes, more if she's tired, she gets too frustrated!

Woolwell 11:01 09 Sep 14

Have you got this sorted? A few years ago we were responsible for an elderly lady who had very shaky hands. The majority of remotes were too small or would be too sensitive and if she touched an up or down button then the channels would race to goodness knows where utterly confusing her. We eventually found a model that suited her but that was a few years ago and probably not on sale now. I empathise with your problem.

The Humax Fox T2 gets the best Which reviews. Does this help? Humax direct Fox T2-G

morddwyd 21:47 09 Sep 14

Thanks woolweel, see post 4

Humax 12, which sounds ideal, discontinued!

It's not the size of rge remote, but the number of presses in the menu options which is the problem.=, as they take two or three minutes each.

We need someting simple like Shy, which she has no problem with - On, RPG, Planner. Select, Play.

Woolwell 09:42 10 Sep 14

I did see post 4 but it is still for sale at Humax and also Maplins.

Do you need a recorder or just a Freeview box?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…