sim transfer to micro sim

jerica 13:07 06 Feb 16

Hi, got an HTC desire with a standard sim and I want to transfer the info on it to a micro sim in a S3. Connected the S3 to the pc and it recognises it straight away, put the sim from the HTC in a card reader and it refuses to see it and says there is no driver installed. Tried connecting the phone via HTC sync, nothing happens. I'm using a Veho 229 card reader which I'm now assuming is not happy with smart card reading and Win7. Tried downloading a couple of sim reading progs but no luck, I'm probably missing something simple but what, thanks for any help.

Devil Fish 23:10 11 Feb 16

a card reader wont read a sim it is for sd cards .My best advice would be if you have kept the same mobile vendor ie o2 EE 3 etc would be take original sim into shop and get them to trim it to micro,may cost couple of quid but you keep all your info

jerica 13:56 12 Feb 16

My card reader is supposed to read SIMS but apparently it won't on WIN7. Old SIM it couldn't be trimmed but I managed to transfer all info to a micro SD and moved it across, so all OK now, thanks for getting back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos