Should I expect full screen video with digicam

armacomroll 17:49 30 Sep 05

I recently bought a jvc video digicam but found the picture on my pc was only small. Surely I should be able to view my video on full screen. The digicam came with a usb to pc and a firewire to pc input. As I dont have a firewire socket I used the usb socket. Is this the reason that I am only getting a small picture.

LAP 20:35 30 Sep 05

Yes

LAP 20:38 30 Sep 05

Sorry a little brief. I use USB for stills and mpg's and firewire for video. I would get yourself a firewire card.

LAP 17:55 01 Oct 05

^bump^

De Marcus™ 18:31 01 Oct 05

The ports you use to tansfer your video should not affect the size your viewing it at on the screen.

What software are you using to playback? Perhaps more importantly what software are you using to capture the video to pc?

Out of curiosity, is the usb socket a USB 2 type?

armacomroll 11:13 03 Oct 05

I am using usb 2 socket for capture and the software provided by jvc which shows only a small picture.
Transfered it to pinacle studio 9 which also gives me a small picture and an option for full screen but this is so pixelated it is not worth viewing.
Transfered it to ulead studio 8 but gives me the same result.

De Marcus™ 13:29 03 Oct 05

Ditch the software your using to capture or find out how to adjust capture settings.

You could use windows movie maker, and when your asked what file type to capture as, select DV-AVI or similar (not wmv) and this should capture the video at it's native resolution and quality.

armacomroll 16:18 03 Oct 05

thanks. will try it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…