SHDC Cards - How much

ventanas 14:41 07 May 08

can fit on them. I'm thinking of buying a camcorder with an internal hdd that will also take these cards. I just wondered how much they will hold in terms of time. I appreciate that it will probably vary with quality, but I suspect that in any event, if sound is being recorded as well, then the length will be pitifully short. Therefore I am wondering if its worth it.
Grateful for any advice.

ventanas 14:42 07 May 08

Sorry, should be SDHC

anchor 16:52 07 May 08

I have no personal knowledge of your camera, but in the case of the Panasonic, I have read on one site that using the SP setting, you get approximately 50 mins recording on a 4GB SDHC card.

Another site said, Recording in MPEG2 format you can record one hour 40 minutes of footage on a 4GB card (704x480, SP mode, 30 fps).

Take your choice.

I don`t know what the maximum card size permitted for your camera, but again with the Panasonic, you can certainly use a 16Gb card.

ventanas 22:03 07 May 08

Thanks anchor. I've been doing a bit of research and came up with just the same, which did quite amaze me.
It is a Panasonic that I have in mind, and it does seem to be worth getting a card. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…