Sharp LCD TV won't turn on

redkite66 17:33 PM 30 Apr 11

Hi,

I have a Sharp LC-22LE22E TV, just 4 monthsa old. When I turn on power the white LED on front blinks as usual, however instead of flashing for a short time and then turning off, then allowing me to turn on TV with remote, it is continuing to flash without stopping and will not respond to remote or button on side of TV ... Behaving as if locked or jammed in some way. Any ideas? Any help much appreciated.

ams4127 21:17 PM 30 Apr 11

If it's only four months old, I would be inclined to take it back to to where you bought it and get them to fix/replace it.

redkite66 21:27 PM 30 Apr 11

Thanks, yes, it's looking like that's what I will have to do. Was just wondering / hoping there was some simple solution that I was just not seeing ...

onionskin 21:41 PM 30 Apr 11

If you have any other equipment connected to it, DVD recorder etc., disconnect it. Connect the aerial lead directly from TV to wall socket, then try switching on. It could just be a glitch in the circuits which allow TV and other equipment to switch each other on and off.

wiz-king 06:20 AM 02 May 11

Unplug from the mains, disconnect all other leads, walk the dog or something else that take about an hour, connect the aerial and then the mains, switch on and hope.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…