Sending Pictures

Iceman244 17:03 18 Jan 09

I must admit I am not a great digital camera user but have recently started to use the one I bought and have transferred pictures taken to my laptop.

The problem I have is that when I attach them to an email and send it ,they appear in the body of the email.

I am sure that you are able to attach pictures to an email so they have to be opened as an attachment by the recipient. What I can then do is write in the body of the email and attach the pictures so they open them separately.

I have tried right clicking on the photo to re-save it as a different file but it doesn’t give me an option to do so.

When I right click on the picture the options are as follows.

Preview
Edit
Refresh Thumbnail
Rotate Clockwise
Rotate Counter Clockwise
Set As Desktop Baackground
Open With >
Scan With Norton Antivirus
Send To >
Cut
Copy
Create Shortcut
Delete
Rename
Properties

The properties say it is a JPEG image.

I would be grateful if someone could tell me what I need to do and how I can send the pictures as an attachment via email so the recipient has to open it,the same as you would a document. And so they do not appear in the body of the email.

Many Thanks

Iceman

oldbeefer2 17:20 18 Jan 09

Easiest way is to use Picassa -pictures are added as attachments and reduced to a sensible size automatically.click here

Stuartli 16:02 19 Jan 09

You probably have HTML/Rich Text selected - change to Plain Text from (Outlook Express) Tools>Options>Send tab.

When you right click on the photo file, select Send To>Mail Recipient.

This will attach the photo file to a blank e-mail messsge so you can detail the receipient(s) in the To: field.

Stuartli 16:04 19 Jan 09

Using Picasa3, as suggested by oldbeefer2, does work well and reduces the .jpeg size to around 20kb or so in the majority of cases.

^wave^ 11:48 20 Jan 09

another tick for picasa3 it just great for email basic picture tune up and printing

Marko797 12:27 20 Jan 09

when u click the normal paperclip icon used to attach the pics?

Might be useful for us to know which email prog u are using, Outlook, AOL etc.

john bunyan 17:09 23 Jan 09

Iceman244. I tend to save .jpg pictures for printing etc as either 28cm(w) ,21cm (ht) at 300 dots per inch for A4 printing or 19 cm (w) by 14 cm(ht) at 300 dots per inch for two to an A4 sheet. For sending a photo as a picture I reduce these to about 13 cm(w) by 9.5 cm (w) at 72 dpi, or for portrait style 9.5 by 13cm. If you want the receiver to have a full size picture file at a good resolution, you have to send it as a file attachment, not as a picture. otherwise as screens are usually at 72dpi it will look too big.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…