Secure Digital Card Poser.

terry19 00:25 17 Nov 06

Hi all,

I have a Toshiba laptop which has a secure digital flash memory card slot. The Toshiba handbook states that the slot will not accomodate multi media cards. I know next to nothing about digital cameras and have just been given a Kodak digital camera which has a 128MB multi media card. I don't have the camera handbook and would like to know if the camera would take a secure digital flash memory card so that I could transfer photos onto my computer. Is the secure digital card just a better quality of multimedia memory card or something quite different.

Thanks, Terry.

BRYNIT 10:22 17 Nov 06

I don't think the camera will take a SD card you could always get a USB card reader aclick here

terry19 01:59 18 Nov 06

Thanks for your help and suggestion mate.

Cheers terry

Stuartli 22:05 18 Nov 06

Secure Digital and MultiMedia cards are very similar in size (the former is encrypted) and many digital cameras, like my Minolta E203, will accept both types.

You need to check with the manufacturer's website with regard to your particular laptop model's specifications to see whether it will accept both SD and MMC cards, or only the former type.

Stuartli 22:06 18 Nov 06

Should have stated Kodak website for camera's specifications with regard to SD and MMC cards.

terry19 00:27 19 Nov 06

Thanks for your help. I did check the Kodak website and found that the camera will accept both SD and MMC cards. I can therefore use an SD card with both camera and computer. PC world have a Sandisk 256MB SD card at £4-97 click here seems good value.

Terry.

Stuartli 11:06 19 Nov 06

On the surface yes, but this is even better...:-)

click here

Pamy 18:25 01 Dec 06

Better still here, second down on left

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now