SD or XD in a Fujifikm camera

hatrickj 10:59 21 Jul 08

My old Olympus has broken beyond economical repair and I have bought a Fuji with a free 1 Gb SD card to replace it. I note that the Fuji also accepts XD cards and of course I had these with my Olympus but the maximum size is 512Mb. I am wondering, apart from capacity, which cards are better to use in the new camera.

hatrickj 11:01 21 Jul 08

Also is it better to stay with a manufacturer's cards or will any repuatable make give as good service?

Stuartli 11:08 21 Jul 08

Which model of Fuji camera?

Any reputable memory card manufacturer's products should be more than adequate (note some cards are "faster" than others, although I've not noticed any particular advantage).

jack 15:13 21 Jul 08

Stuartli is quite right - This speed thing in all aspects of computery is sometimes a bit of a blinder
Faster than what? then you read 'write time' is so many milli seconds less than brand xx
Has any one tried to count a couple of milli secs
out of the laboratory?
When the camera is ready for the next shot it'll tell you - usually before you are ready your self

jack 15:13 21 Jul 08

Stuartli is quite right - This speed thing in all aspects of computery is sometimes a bit of a blinder
Faster than what? then you read 'write time' is so many milli seconds less than brand xx
Has any one tried to count a couple of milli secs
out of the laboratory?
When the camera is ready for the next shot it'll tell you - usually before you are ready your self

jack 15:14 21 Jul 08

It posted me twice- just like that

hatrickj 15:21 21 Jul 08

S8000fd

Stuartli 17:48 21 Jul 08

Then it also takes the SDHC cards according to the specification.

My own choice would be SD or SDHC on the grounds of almost certainly costing much less - any top brand offering would be more than adequate.

hatrickj 22:19 21 Jul 08

Does the HC mean high capacity. and does that imply some compression or other minus point?

Stuartli 23:57 21 Jul 08

See:

click here

to save me some typing...:-)

hatrickj 15:49 23 Aug 08

Belated thanks to all. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…