SD Card reading

weatherstation 15:13 03 Jun 09

Hi, I have just brought a new camera and 2 SD cards. One of 2GB and one of 4GB. I can take photo's OK on both cards, and view them on the camera, but when I take the cards out and try to down load the pictures using my PC card reader, it says "please insert disk into drive". If I use the USB lead to download them direct from the camera, everything is OK. I have an old 2 GB SD card that words just fine in the PC card reader

I have tried formating the cards using the camera, but this made no difference. Can anybody help please. Thanks in advance. W

john bunyan 16:14 03 Jun 09

Worth a try: Turn off PC, load card into reader, turn on PC. I found this worked once, don't know why!

ICF 17:18 03 Jun 09

Is the 4GB SD card SDHC? If so you need a card reader that can read this type of card

BRYNIT 21:19 03 Jun 09

As ICF has said the 4GB would be a SDHC card and can not be read by a SD card reader.

If yor camera come with a USB cable this will allow you to connect the camera direct to your computer and transfer the pictures.

weatherstation 12:26 04 Jun 09

Thanks to John, ICF, & Brynit for your help. You are right the 4GB card is an SDHC, so that solves that problem, But my 2GB card is not a HC card, but has MLC on the card. Could that be why I can not read the 2GB card? Thanks. W

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac