SD Card reading

weatherstation 15:13 03 Jun 09

Hi, I have just brought a new camera and 2 SD cards. One of 2GB and one of 4GB. I can take photo's OK on both cards, and view them on the camera, but when I take the cards out and try to down load the pictures using my PC card reader, it says "please insert disk into drive". If I use the USB lead to download them direct from the camera, everything is OK. I have an old 2 GB SD card that words just fine in the PC card reader

I have tried formating the cards using the camera, but this made no difference. Can anybody help please. Thanks in advance. W

john bunyan 16:14 03 Jun 09

Worth a try: Turn off PC, load card into reader, turn on PC. I found this worked once, don't know why!

ICF 17:18 03 Jun 09

Is the 4GB SD card SDHC? If so you need a card reader that can read this type of card

BRYNIT 21:19 03 Jun 09

As ICF has said the 4GB would be a SDHC card and can not be read by a SD card reader.

If yor camera come with a USB cable this will allow you to connect the camera direct to your computer and transfer the pictures.

weatherstation 12:26 04 Jun 09

Thanks to John, ICF, & Brynit for your help. You are right the 4GB card is an SDHC, so that solves that problem, But my 2GB card is not a HC card, but has MLC on the card. Could that be why I can not read the 2GB card? Thanks. W

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…