Scart swutcher and timer?

jack 16:53 04 Jul 06

A chum is having trouble with the connectivity between the digibox/PVR/VHS in so far that when he sets up something to record with Video plus it does not always work and when the recording is played back he gets a blank screen -So I have promised one day next week to have a look.
That bits fine - I can think of all sorts of reason for this and the remedies possible.
However meanwhile in talking to someone else -this individual suggested he needed a special switch box[SCART multiplier?] with its own timer
So my chum is banging on about getting one- before I have seeni anything or make any recommendations.
I have not heard of such a gadget -switch box and timer have any of you?

Stuartli 19:25 04 Jul 06

Switching a Scart socket lead connection is normally done through a voltage trigger on one of the pins - they may not be working or you don't have the correct type of Scart lead.

See:

click here

about two-thirds of the way down.

My best mate, who runs an independent audio/visual/applainces outlet, sells the Philex (Labgear and SLX2 brand names) Scart AV auto adapter for about £15. See:

click here

jack 19:35 04 Jul 06

Thank you Stuartli
I'll mark this for next week and go armed with a couple of leads.
I have to say I have a Phillips auto scart box - works the same I guess- detects the active unit -blanks the others.
I have reservation on hw VideoPlus comes into all this,
I never did trust it and much prefer manual setting.

jack 06:51 07 Jul 06

'Scart swutcher and timer?'
Just to finish this one off
I still dont know what his exact problem will be untill I get there but I am begining to have an inckling.
I Think he has been assuming that he can set his Digibox by using the Video plus codes.
If this is so, and in my searching around I have heard of this elsewhere- it cant be done
Videoplus is a VHS thing
Digi Box dont have it.
We shall have to see

jack 20:17 07 Jul 06

Wait and see

jack 08:29 08 Jul 06

^

Fellsider 18:55 10 Jul 06

Vivanco do a box that allegedly connects to ALL components and allows any of the recorders to record from any other component using (yet another) remote control.

I tried one (from QVC), it was about £50 inc p+p, but could'nt get it to work as I wanted. (DVD recorder to pick up signal from sky box through the sky planner for unattended recording), I assumed it was faulty and returned it for a refund and reverted to my current mathod of having a 2-scart in / 1 scart out connection with a switch.

link to the item on QVC click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009