Samsung YH-925GS Player

wotan 17:39 12 Mar 07

Hi from Liverpool, My wife has been given the above MP3 player. Her problem, and mine as well it seems, is that when connected to either her laptop or my desktop we cannot get the device to communicate. I have tried with the supplied software installed and without the provided software and the results are still the same. The computer recognises the player in that it shows an MTP device connected, in Device Manager the player is identified as YH-925GS MTP device and the screen on the device reads connected and warns against dis-connecting without using the correct procedures. However when she tries to use either Napster or WMP, to add or edit tracks, she continually gets the message 'No Device detected, make sure the device is properly connected and try again.' Needless to say, when she tries again the same message comes up. I have tried a new cable without any success, and have tried to update the firmware but again the system fails to detect the device although everything points to it being correctly connected.
We both use XP Home with WMP 10 installed and the player is one of the Microsoft approved players so there should not be any problem. I use a Samsung YH-920 and have no problems at all with it. We would be grateful for any advise or suggestions.

wotan 12:36 13 Mar 07

O.K. Folks I've given up. She can have an i-pod for her birthday instead.

anchor 14:12 14 Mar 07

Before you give up completely:

Have a look here: may be some help.

click here

When FAQ`s were asked, "I cannot connect MP3Player to my PC", it said contact Customer Care Team on 0870 242 0303.

The Regster 19:23 14 Mar 07

This worked for me...

I was having the same issue with my MP3 player, but when I upgraded to WMP 11, it fixed the problem straight away.

If you don't want to try WMP 11 (I don't know if it works with Napster), it may be wrth trying to uninstall and then reinstall WMP 10.

Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…