Samsung Q40 - HSDPA Disabled in UK

En_croute 11 Dec 07

I read Rosemary Haworth's review on the Q40, and along with many other UK reviws, she extolled the HSDPA functionality (click here).

I bought a Q40, ansd have now found out that due to certain, as yet undefined, licencing issues, the HSDPA functionality is not available on UK models of the Samsung Q40.

You'd be hard pressed to find this from Samsung's website, sales literature, or numerous apparant UK reviews.

Samsung Customer Services are investigating, and the retailer has offered a full refund return if I want to return the unit.

Hopefully it's a soft/firmware resolvable issue, but beware of review models.......

Forum Editor 13 Dec 07

and thank you for the heads up - I'm sure Rosemary will be interested, and I'll pass the information on.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Wimbledon 2015 live online: follow the tennis from your laptop or PC

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message