Samsung Kies requires "connection mode to Media Device (MTP)"

wee eddie 12:07 16 Sep 14
Answered

My PC is currently running W7, updated from XP over a year ago.

I have just updated Kies and can, no longer run a back-up.

Ideas please.

I have used Google and Microsoft Search but can only find references to Windows XP & Vista.

alanrwood 15:37 16 Sep 14

Kies is the biggest piece of junk I have ever known. If you have the earlier version that worked before I would re-install that. I had similar problems with a non android phone and had to go back several versions to get it to work.

alanrwood 15:39 16 Sep 14

Just a thought, are you setting up the phone as a USB device. As I remember the phone used to flash a screen asking if you wanted it is one of two or three modes

wee eddie 15:55 16 Sep 14
Answer

Just solved the problem: I had, just previously, been downloading Photos to my PC, via a USB Cable, and it had not occurred to me that a Mobile Phone did not just connect to the PC.

As, for once, I was using the USB Cable to recharge at the same time as I was fiddling about trying to solve the problem. I noticed, on the Bar at the top of the Screen, a note next to the USB Logo, which said "Connected as a Camera"

I pulled the bar down and there was an entry: Connected as a Camera, and underneath the line "Touch for other USB Options"

I duly touched and there it was: The option to connect as a Media Device (MTP).

Thanks for your attention

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…