Samsung Galaxy Ace usb connection

cadoc 03 Jan 13

I installed Kies on my PC, (Windows XP), for my new phone with mixed results but now my PC is not seeing phone at all. Initially, although very slow, Kies saw the phone but several attempts later I had to use the troubleshoot connection but to no avail as the program seemed to just sit there forever telling me that it was reinstalling the driver. I eventually had to shut it down but the pleasing result was that my PC could see the phone as I wanted to, i.e. not through Kies but just by plugging the USB cable in and connecting like a removable drive. This was fine for a week but now, when plugging in the USB cable, I get the connection 'bleep' but no USB icon appears at the top of the phone screen and I can no longer communicate between phone and PC again. I've tried rebooting, uninstalling/reinstalling, USB debugging off and on and all the suggestions for USB drivers but no joy. Can anyone help ? All I want to do is load photos from the phone to my PC and vice versa.

Nontek 03 Jan 13

Try reinstalling Kies.

When I connect my Samsung S3 via USB, Kies opens automatically after a few seconds.

Nontek 03 Jan 13

Or - if your photos are on a Card, remove card from phone and insert via Card Reader on PC (you will need an Adapter for the card, usually provided with the card).

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message