Samsung Galaxy Ace - can't move apps to sd card to free up phone memory

Throbber 09:52 AM 17 Aug 12

My Samsung Galaxy Ace phone memory is full. I have a 16gb sd card installed, but can's move apps from phone to sd card. The "move to sd card" option is greyed out when I try. Can this be changed?

bremner 13:21 PM 17 Aug 12

The aaps2sd app will move those apps that can be moved without resorting to a hack. Apps2sd

Throbber 17:41 PM 17 Aug 12

Thanks, bremner. The apps2sd tells me that I have no moveable apps! I guess the Samsung Galaxy Ace just has very little internal storage.

QuizMan 17:46 PM 03 Sep 12

I have been having the same problem over the last couple of weeks. Like you, apps2sd was no good. However, I eventually found this: How-to Geek

You should follow each step carefully, but it is not particularly difficult and it forces all future apps onto the SD card. It is not perfect as some still refuse to go anywhere but into phone memory but I have uninstalled a few apps and re-installed onto the SD card so I now have sufficient memory again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…