Roxio 9 DVD lip sync problem

eddiejackr 13:37 16 Sep 06

I have Roxio media creator 9. When I my video to dvd the sound is out of sync with the lip movements on the video. Why is this and how can I avoid it?

rodriguez 15:59 17 Sep 06

If you are trying to put an NTSC video on a PAL disc this is likely to happen. Check the frame rate of the original video and if it says 29 fps then it's in NTSC. A PAL video is only 25 fps so this causes problems with audio and video sync if you try and convert between the two. If the video has originally been ripped from an American source then it will be in NTSC. The best thing to do is to change the disc format to NTSC in Roxio. This will then burn it without trying to convert to PAL but it will make an NTSC disc. Most DVD players will convert it to PAL as it plays, so it can play on a UK TV set. However there are some that don't, so if you get a black & white picture that's slightly stretched, then it won't accept NTSC discs. But most players will convert the video format before it gets to the TV so it should be ok.

GroupFC 16:26 17 Sep 06

Is this following on from click here?

Unfortunately, I can't help you with this - I gave up on Roxio some time ago, due to shed loads of problems! I now use Ulead VideoStudio 10, to create DVDs.

eddiejackr 17:29 17 Sep 06

Yes - I suppose it does follow on - the video was saved as dv-avi in windows movie maker - then I edited it in Roxio and burnt it to disc - then found the lip sync problem. I don't think it can be the NTSC problem as it is just a home movie from my camera??

I also have another posting about a related problem - Roxio won't capture from my camera...for this first, and so far only, project I captured in WMM as well.

On the subject of Ulead - I didn't like this because it was so slow to render - Roxio takes the same time as the length of footage being rendered. With a trial of Ulead it took for hours to do one hours worth of video! I don't have the time or patience for that!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…