Rotating video in Quicktime

woowoowoo 09:29 03 Apr 07

Hi - I have taken some video footage using my digital camera, but when I play it back it will only play on its side - I need to rotate it by 90 dgrees. There doesn't seem to be a function to do this. The video plays in Quicktime.
Can anybody help please?

De Marcus™ 11:12 03 Apr 07

You can only rotate video in the pro version of quicktime.

Depending on the file format you can use movie maker to rotate the video just as easily using the effects portion of the program.

woowoowoo 14:57 03 Apr 07

It has an .mov extension cna I change this to put into windows movie thingy?

De Marcus™ 15:20 03 Apr 07

I can't remember if movie maker supports the .mov file format but you can soon find out by firing movie maker up and trying it, at worst it won't accept it.

woowoowoo 17:30 03 Apr 07

No - it wont accept it.

Icky 13:56 04 Apr 07

A workaround is to use Kodak's free easyshare software available from click here you simply select the quicktime (.mov) clip and then you can rotate it by clicking on the correct rotate button, once done uninstall the Kodak software, unless you REALLY like it.

anchor 11:39 21 Apr 07

Have a look at my post of today here:

click here

You could them import the file into Windows movie maker.

impossiblebob 08:25 29 Mar 08

You can also rotate Quicktime videos with MovieRotator, to download: click here

anchor 15:42 29 Mar 08

I did it from a small MOV file recorded by my step-son; converted to avi, edited in Windows movie maker, and saved as WMV file.

The only problem is that it is a different shape; vertical instead of horizontal. To see what I mean, look a section of it here: (ignore the poor quality, it was highly compressed to send by e-mail)

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…