Right I'm going to buy it....

Lord Isleworth 16:35 16 Jan 06

Canon Ixus 55 - amazon price £215 - like their customer service and so prepared to pay a tenner more etc. Is there anywhere much much cheaper? and would you recommend another camera in this price range over the Canon?

alB 17:07 16 Jan 06

Pretty comprehensive revue here, looks like Amazon are the cheapest around...alB click here

Forum Editor 17:57 16 Jan 06

to buy exactly the same camera, and from the same supplier as you.........

so if you're wrong he's wrong, and you can commiserate with one another.

silverous 21:30 16 Jan 06

They make great digital cameras at any particular pricepoint.

I always like to buy from Jessops and get them to pricematch because they are local if things go wrong and can give some independent advice on exactly your kind of question.

In terms of 'cheaper' - try pricerunner.co.uk (I always do for cameras) - from the looks of it Amazon price is pretty darn good. At that point i'd say its a toss-up between Amazon and Jessops (with price match), you shouldn't have too much trouble either way.

anskyber 10:55 17 Jan 06

Always a balance between price and service. So far I have found Amazon to be almost faultless. I have 2 Canon digicams both of which I regard as excellent.

Lord Isleworth 13:40 17 Jan 06

alB - excellent link - thanks for that

Lord Isleworth 09:30 25 Jan 06

Just a quick update, Amazon delivered next day, got a 512 memory card as well so it holds lots of pics, very happy, battery life is cool and pics are stunning....thanks for the help

alB 20:58 26 Jan 06

Glad you're pleased with your camera, I gave the review a good read myself, I've had two Fuji digital cameras in the past and been more than satisfied with them, hoping to upgrade again in the not to distant future, I really like the look of the Canon, certainly be giving it consideration when I come to buy ...alB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017