Resizing batches of photos.

john bunyan 10:47 27 Nov 08

I have XP Pro, MCE. Use Photoshop CS3. Quite happy with scanning etc and when finishing a photo am happy to save as .jpg (by exception .tiff - for really important ones). I save files as 300dpi, in either the metric eqivalent of 10"x8" or 7"x5". at 300dpi. When downloading from a Nikon 7800 the pix come at 300dpi, so I just change the size. From a Lumix F35 they come at 180dpi but bigger so at the moment I manually adjust to one of the above sizes with roughly the same pixel count. How car I batch resize imports to, say, 10"x8" at 300dpi(for printing)? Boring to do individually for 50 more pix.

Rigga 11:16 27 Nov 08

IrfanView has a batch conversion utility, and it's free.

click here

HTH. R.

hssutton 13:48 27 Nov 08

Hi John all you need to do is create an action, this will give you an idea click here

By the way I've been given CS4 as a Christmas pressie, a lot of learning, but must admit I'm enjoying using it. Guess I'll have to buy Deke McClelland Adobe Photoshop CS4 One-on-One which means my present will cost me £22

john bunyan 16:32 27 Nov 08

Rigga,Thanks for that - will look at it.
hssutton. I knew you would know the answer. Like you I am getting the CS4 upgrade as a pressie, and will look at ,again, following you with the book!By the way, is it best to uninstall CS3 before installing the CS4 upgrade DVD, or just install over the top? I think I uninstalled CS2 before installing CS3.

hssutton 17:14 27 Nov 08

CS4 will install as a separate program from CS3 or CS2 for that matter. At the moment I have all three on my machine, but will eventually remove 2 & 3.

If you uninstall CS3 before installing CS4 the program will request you to insert the CS3 disk and possibly the CS2 disk, so as to confirm that you are eligible to use the upgrade.

Have fun, there's some super improvements, but as to whether they are worth £169, well IMO, only if it's a present :)

john bunyan 17:59 27 Nov 08

hssutton.Very many thanks,as usual!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…