Reduce Dimensions

podlod 10:41 24 Nov 06

Hi there, can someone help me out in reducing photos. I belong to 3 photography website, but one particular website keeps saying when I upload a photo to them ` Dimension of photo to large`. I have no prob in uploading to my other sites as my software `Shrinkpic`reduces the size and its ok, except for this website, what am I doing wrong? and can I reduce the photo size with Picasa 2 which is what I have all my photos in. Thanks for any help given.

jack 13:51 24 Nov 06

1st Read that websites rules - they will give some where the max image size acceptable.
Then go ahead and make a copy to the specified size in anyway you are familiar with.
Shrink pic will do it if you manually set the size you want or Picasa .

podlod 12:36 07 Dec 06

Thanks everybody for your help, and now the only prob I have now is that when I want to send in an Avatar picture on one of my websites it keeps saying they are to big, and have to reduce it right down to something like 9kb, but my shrinkpic wont do that, how can I reduce it mor, thanks

jack 20:01 07 Dec 06

You will have to reduse an image to that size via a regular image editor.
Picassa is a good free one
or go on line to serif for some of their free[old version] software.
Then you to the Image and resize it to a size you need manually

podlod 10:25 08 Dec 06

Hi Jack, I have Picasa but could not seem to find where I could reduce even further??Maybe I keep looking in the wrong place ?

jack 18:13 08 Dec 06

I don't have Picasa so I am guessing - but the top bar is I imagine common enough layout with other image editors like this .........

File Edit View Image .................Help etc
Go to Image then re size and you should see something like the image on the link with pixel dimensions ,alter those to some thing like 10x10 pixels and use 'save as;- give it a new name.
go to the image- don't open it just let the mouse hover over it and a data box should come up with the KB size.
If it does not- right click and go to properties this will give you the size in Kb
then experiment with differing pixels sizing's until you get to the Kb size you need

[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

siouxah1 22:47 08 Dec 06

podlod, if you still require to find resize in picasso you will find it as follows.

select your photo then select file - export.

Odd place I thought.
B

siouxah1 22:56 08 Dec 06

Sorry podlod, just had a look and it would appear that picasso will only reduce size to 320 pixels. This is above that which you need for an avatar - which I believe is in the region of 92pixels square. Do you have another picture editor?

B

hssutton 23:13 08 Dec 06

Picasa will not create an avatar size image. If you google "avatar creater" you will find what you want

siouxah1 10:04 09 Dec 06

Picasso should of course read Picasa.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…