Recording TV progs on PC......

Pine Man 14:13 06 Feb 09

....and playback on TV?

I have an Hauppauge freeview TV card on my PC and would like to be able to record the occasional program and copy it to a DVD so that I can play it back on my TV through my Sony DVD Recorder.

At the moment I watch the occasional TV progs on my PC through Media Center but if I burn recordings taken on it they won't play back on the TV.

ravingdave 14:45 06 Feb 09

What are you using to burn the progs onto a DVD? You cannot just copy the recorded file onto a DVD, you will need to use a DVD authoring program (for example Nero) to create a playable DVD.

Pine Man 15:26 06 Feb 09

I have got Nero 7 Essentials, which doesn't appear to do what you say. Are you aware of any freebies that will do this?

ravingdave 16:06 06 Feb 09

I did a quick search for "DVD video authoring", but most results were not freebies. Did find this one which is classified as freeware. The desription implies it should do what you want - may be worth a try.

click here

Pine Man 16:15 06 Feb 09

Thanks very much for that. I'll give it a try and if it fails I might be reduced to paying for a plug-in for Nero.

AL47 21:47 09 Feb 09

media center does copy to dvd for tv.

Stuartli 15:57 10 Feb 09

See:

click here

IIRC TV transmissions use MPEG2 - but I stand to be corrected.

The above converter link indicates what can be converted video wise.

Pine Man 18:59 10 Feb 09

.. Media Center TV files are saved as DVR-MS files. There should be some way of converting them with Windows Movie Maker but I can't work out how:-((

Stuartli 19:48 10 Feb 09
  Pine Man 08:44 11 Feb 09

Phew you have been busy!

Thanks very much indeed for all your research. I now look forward to watching all that stuff I recorded with Media center on my TV.

Thanks once again!

chuckbass 05:45 18 Aug 09

Together with this <a href="click here">video converter</a>or
<a href="click here">iPod video converter</a> to

<a href="click here">converter video</a> would be better

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now