Recording Internet Radio Streams

ade.h 16:47 02 Oct 05

I know that software is available to record Shoutcast output, but is there any way of capturing BBC broadcasts, which are in Real Audio format?

I use Jet Audio to listen to them, but it doesn't cache the entire stream in the way that Windows Media Player does with wma streams (so that you can use File, Save As).

Is there any software that can save the streams?

Diodorus Siculus 07:51 04 Oct 05

Audacity: Can Audacity record RealAudio or other streaming audio?
"With most Windows and Linux audio devices, it is possible to record whatever sound the computer is currently playing, including internet radio streams.

In the drop-down menu on Audacity's mixer toolbar, choose “Wave Out” or “Stereo Mix” as the input source. (The exact name may be different, depending on your computer's sound drivers.) When you press the Record button, Audacity will capture whatever sound is playing on your computer's speakers.

If this doesn't work on your computer, you can instead use a cable to connect your computer's “Line Out” (speaker) port to its “Line In” port, and use Audacity to record from Line In."
click here

Monoux 07:56 04 Oct 05

bookmark

ade.h 16:37 04 Oct 05

Thankyou DS; much appreciated. I'll give Audacity a try. I had read about the cable method in PCW but my soundcard only has one output and no inputs.

ade.h 17:23 05 Oct 05

I've installed and used Audacity. After a bit of playing around, I managed to get it to display a signal from the stream that Jet Audio was playing. However, after saving the file and trying to play it back, nothing happens in the display and there is no sound.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

Many thanks for any help given.

ade.h 18:13 06 Oct 05

Doh! Figured it out now. Select All, Export As.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…