Recording Freeview programmes question.

gazmix 12:26 PM 02 Oct 11

I'm currently on a budget as i've moved into a new flat & am using a Goodmans mini tv with a built in vcr.

I have Freeview box inline & working.

Is it possible to record to onto vhs tape from Digital Freeview using VideoPlus. The numbers alongside the tv programme in tv listings magazine?.

dms_05 16:22 PM 04 Oct 11

Your TV / VCR is analogue. Your Freeview box is to receive Digital signals but I assume you attach this to the TV with a SCART lead which is an analogue signal! Does your TV Combo have the ability to record from an external source? If it does it may be called something like AV1. You should set your recorder to the external AV input. As far as I know Video Plus is only used on analogue systems and isn't available on Digital. In any case if you are recording from the external Freeview box you would need to make sure that was on the channel you wanted to record and you would have to set the VHS manually for both the source and the time. You might be able to make it work depending upon the features of the TV Combo but without Video+.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11